Based on high-school leveled chemistry that was earlier studied in freshman course, students learn general chemistry experiments corresponding to university level.
•Laboratory safety and basic laboratory techniques
- Learning laboratory safety and basic laboratory techniques
- To determine the limiting reactant in a mixture of two soluble salts
- To determine the percent composition of each substance in a salt mixture
•Periodic table and periodic law
- To become more familiar with the periodic table
- To observe and to generalize the trends of various atomic properties within groups and periods of elements
- To observe from experiment the trends of the chemical properties within groups and periods of elements
•Gaussian Activity Workshop is for understanding and practice the Manual and its simple application for given assignments.
•Team project with Gaussian calculation program
- To propose your ideas to calculate with quantum calculation program
- To present your calculation results
•Aspirin synthesis and analysis
- To synthesize aspirin
- To determine the purity of the synthesized aspirin or a commercial aspirin tablet
•Transition metal complexes
- To observe the various colors associated with transition metal ions
- To determine the relative strengths of ligands
- To compare the stability of complexes
- To synthesize a coordination compound
•Synthesis of gold-nanoparticles and TEM analysis of gold-nanoparticles.